Dr. Tal Lewinger

Dr. Tal Lewinger
Me

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Dental CT Scanners One Step Closer

Soon it will be much easier for me to get 3D images of my patient's teeth and Jaw. I currently use cone-beam CT technology to treatment-plan my dental implant placement. However, my patients have to go to a special dental radiology center to take the 3D scan of their jaws. In the near future general dentists like me will be able to own,prescribe and take 3D x-ray images or their patient's jaws in their offices. This is great news for dentists who perform jaw surgery (like dental implant placement or removal of impacted teeth). 3D images of teeth can be also useful for identifying extra roots and canals before performing root canal treatment. In essence a 3D image will make dental treatment safer and more predictable for our patients.

Here is the link to the official statement from the Royal Collage of Dental Surgeons of Ontario: Dental CT Scanners One Step Closer
Please visit my website for more information: Marketplace Dentistry

1 comment:

topher said...

Hi doc. i am glad i came to your site. i am writing articles about dental implants, just a general what about for readers. Thank you so much for your posts. I get some ideas to write about and I know the facts are accurate.